Now that I'm no longer clogging up my poor, infinitely patient LJ friends pages with my ramblings, I feel a sudden urge to spam the hell out of this blog, but since I don't want to run out of things to say too quickly, or annoy the followers I have (12 followers! Hi to you all, that's seriously cool and flattering) I'll pace myself. Until then, here's a brief summary of things to come.
- The House of Night series recap. (I described the first book in the HoN series by P.C. and Kristin Cast as being the YA version of Anita Blake. It has all the trademark crazy but with less sex and more slut-shaming and annoying teen speak. Since I had a little too much fun with my review of the first book Marked and a few commenters said it only got better/worse from there on, I have decided to continue the series for your enjoyment/mental torture. Since the series is currently 7 books long, with an 8th coming soon, I won't be short of material in case I need to pad this blog out a bit.)
- Rambling musings. (I'm still fascinated by the genre and the wider messages and implications of the tropes and cliches, not to mention the business of the YA industry itself, and believe me, I'm not short of things to say on it! So expect a few rants on that, the next one being about the dreaded YA Mafia that I'm so terrified of.)
- Film Fridays. (As well as loving books, I'm a big movie nerd and I thought it would be fun to stir the pot a little by doing a few movie reviews. Some will be random reviews based on whatever I last saw and hopefully I'll share some of my thoughts during awards season - I'm a nerd for that sort of thing and my predictions are usually pretty damn good - but mostly it'll be similar to the Sparkle Project with my thoughts and recaps on the sort of films that women are supposed to like and the further topic of female pop culture that I briefly touched on in this post. If there's a film you think I should review then please leave a comment below.)
- Book reviews! (To quote the oft-imitated M. Bison, Of course! To be honest I'm still looking for stuff to review. I've got my eye on a couple but I'm a bit worried I might just end up repeating myself and rambling on about the same stuff I said in the original project. So if there's something you think I should read then once again, leave a comment here or on my LJ. My next review will be up tomorrow or Thursday. It's a positive one too!)
- Literary Nostalgia. (A suggestion of a friend of mine, I will sporadically be revisiting the books that I read during my adolescenes. I read 65 books in my first year of high school so I'm going to look back at some of those and see how they've aged, if they still hold up to scrutiny, if I still enjoy them and the like.)
And to be honest that's all I have planned for now. Hopefully it will amuse and entertain you all.